Holiday packages are popular. Packages have been driving growth because consumers value having everything taken care of.
Moreover, booking a holiday through a tour operator is often more cost-effective than booking it on your own. The tour operator can get you a better deal and inform you more about the place and what you will be going.
At the same time, the package holiday market has also evolved to offer more choice and sophistication to tourists as well as tailor-made tours and bespoke itineraries.
Package holidays are most popular with families with children younger than 5. With package holidays, often theme parks or family fun days will be included, which will increase the desire for families to visit.
However, research has also shown that package holidays are popular among seniors. The same may apply to them wanting a relaxing vacation with everything planned out for them.
Let’s dig deeper as to why holiday tours are becoming so popular again!
Why holiday tours are popular?
With the uncertainty caused by the pandemic, package holidays have become even more popular as they provide holidaymakers with the highest level of protection and peace of mind.
Any type of holiday – a city break, a beach vacation, a ski trip, or even backpacking around the world – can be a package holiday.
Although travel packages can be ‘ready-made’ by the company, they can also be ‘tailored-made’ according to customer preferences and budget.
Package holidays involve at least two parts of your trip being coordinated by the travel company, such as your flights, accommodations, car hire, or tickets to a local attraction.
Package holidays have many benefits for holidaymakers, including legal and financial protection under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Regulations, excellent value for money, and the convenience of having someone else arrange your holiday.
It does not matter whether you book a package directly with a tour operator or indirectly through a travel agent – giving you the option to compare holidays from different companies – you will be able to enjoy the many benefits of this type of travel.
Furthermore, here are other reasons why holiday tours are becoming popular again:
- If a change in the situation at your destination significantly alters your holiday, you have the right to a replacement holiday or a refund.
- If something goes wrong, such as flight cancellation, your travel company will either re-arrange your flight for you or offer you a refund for the whole package.
- The tour operator protects your money if they fail financially after you book a package holiday. If you haven’t yet traveled, you can claim a refund for your package holiday. The costs of getting to your return destination will be covered if you’re already on vacation, and you can also apply for reimbursement for the parts of the package that can no longer be provided.
- It’s an easy, hassle-free, and time-saving method of planning and booking a holiday since your travel agent will do all the work to find a holiday that matches your specific requirements – whether you need to hire a car, arrange transfers, or book excursions.
- One company arranges your holiday, so you’ll get all your essential information from them and only have to contact them if you need to make any changes before you depart or if you need assistance while you’re away.
- Travel companies have access to discounts that they pass along to you, so they are often cheaper than booking everything separately. Oftentimes, package deals are exclusive to the travel company you’re booking with, so you can’t book them anywhere else.
- When you make a booking, the details must be clear and accurate so that you get what you paid for. In case your hotel is not up to the standard you were promised, then your travel company will need to find you a suitable alternative or make the necessary refunds.
Are holiday tours worth it?
In many cases, travel tour packages are worth every penny. By purchasing them, people can travel that they otherwise would not be able to.
Traveling to unfamiliar foreign lands or home country locations can be nerve-wracking. Not everyone has that adventurous spirit.
People want to see great attractions and experience the local culture in a limited amount of time.
In that sense, holiday tours are worth it!
How to choose the perfect tour package?
Here’s how to choose the best tour package for you:
- Research the cost.
- Expand your choices.
- Get a local guide.
- Know the itinerary.
- Look for feedback about the company’s tour services.
- Looking at the G Adventures reviewed here online, you’ll have different options from rail tours, marine tours, local tours, and other types of tours. All you have to do is perform due diligence to arrive at the best holiday tour package.
Cost savings are the biggest advantage of holiday tours and the main reason why it’s becoming popular again.
The moment you try to book everything on your own, from airfare to hotel room, you are sure to end up spending more than you need to.
If you add up the individual costs, the amount is quite high. However, if you choose a holiday package, the total cost, which includes everything, is much less.
That’s because the company offering you the holiday package is much more aware of the best airfares, hotel tariffs, and rates in general.
Moreover, another reason a holiday package is better is that it eliminates headaches. You can actually eliminate all your activities by purchasing a holiday package, including booking flight tickets, checking hotel availability, and booking rooms.
You would simply be paying the fee for the tour operator to take care of everything on your behalf!
So, a holiday tour it is!